For all general complaints, concerns or reports that relate to whistleblowing, safeguarding or fraud, the Reporting Coordinator should be contacted either:
Please ring +44 (0)161 236 4311, and ask to speak to the Reporting Coordinator.
If you are writing to us with a complaint please mark your letter for the attention of the Reporting Coordinator.
Our postal address is: MAG, Suite 3A, South Central, 11 Peter Street, Manchester, M2 5QR, UK.
- Alternative reporting mechanisms are advertised across each of our country programmes – please get in touch if you would like the details.
- Please mark your email as confidential. It will be treated with discretion, logged and forwarded to the relevant and most appropriate person.
- You may write your email in any language and we will arrange translation.
- You can submit an anonymous email, but we may find it difficult to look into your concern without further details.
- If you would prefer to speak to a member of staff, rather than sending sensitive details in an email, then please request this by highlighting which area of concern it relates to e.g. safeguarding or fraud etc. One of us can call you back.
- All complaints will be acknowledged within three working days, other than in exceptional circumstances. We will also indicate when you can expect to be informed about the outcome of your concern or, what type of process we will follow in order to look into the issue further. In some sensitive cases, MAG may need to reserve the right to keep any action taken as confidential.
- If the complaint is about an issue that falls outside of MAG’s control, where possible, you will be assisted to re-direct your complaint appropriately.
MAG is committed to the highest standards of fundraising practice. Occasionally things may go wrong or supporters or members of the public may be unhappy with something MAG has done. If you are unhappy, you can contact us to make a complaint. We welcome feedback and will react promptly and take your complaint seriously. We aim to investigate your complaint thoroughly and fairly and will respond openly with our findings and any course of action taken.
In the first instance, comments or complaints should be directed to:
MAG, Suite 3A, South Central, 11 Peter Street, Manchester, M2 5QR
+44 161 236 4311
What we will do with your complaint
- Your complaint will be logged and forwarded to the relevant member of the team depending on the nature of your complaint.
- Complaints will be dealt with by a person independent of the event complained about.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receiving it.
- We aim provide a full response within 10 working days. Where we need to obtain additional information to respond to your complaint fully, we will do so within four weeks of receiving.
Please register your complaint within three months of the incident occurring.
MAG is committed to the Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Promise and our own Supporter Promise.
MAG is a registered with the Fundraising Regulator. If you are unhappy with our response to a complaint, you are able to escalate your complaint through the Fundraising Regulator complaints process, within two months of our response, at www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk or in writing:
CAN Mezzanine Building,
49-51 East Road,
London N1 6AH